The Boteti River is not currently in flood due to the drought in the southern part of Africa. Although the lodge still provides world class accommodation and game viewing, the views over the river is that of a dry riverbed so no water activities are currently on offer at the lodge.
Families with children 6 (six) years to 11 (eleven) years must book private activities at an additional rate, subject to availability.
- No childcare facilities or baby-sitters are available at any of the accommodation provided by the Company
- Children must be under the care of their parents or guardians at all times.
- Children under the age of 16 (sixteen) years are to share rooms with an adult at all times.
- Children below the age of 12 (twelve) years may not participate in certain of the activities included in the Services provided by the Company.
- Families travelling with children below the age of 12 (twelve) must book private activities at an additional charge.
Leroo La Tau
- Type:Safari Lodge
Leroo La Tau is situated on the western bank of the Boteti River, northwest of Khumaga Village and about 140 kilometres southeast of Maun. The eastern bank of the Boteti forms the boundary of the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park, which stretches away from the riverbank towards its interior of scrubland and mineral-rich grasslands. The main lounge and dining area, with its inviting wooden and thatch finish, allows you to relax at the bar while listening to the wide variety of night sounds so characteristic of the African bush. Alternatively you can lounge around the swimming pool or enjoy the panoramic river vista from the game-viewing hide built into the bank of the river. The lodge offers guided day and night game drives. Depending on the water level, boat activities are also provided. Optional cultural excursions can be arranged to Khumaga Village, as can guided nature walks in the area surrounding the lodge. Leroo La Tau translates as ‘lion’s paw’ but, although the surrounding area features abundant Lion, Zebra and Wildebeest, it also boasts Chobe Bushbuck, Leopard, Cheetah, Brown and Spotted Hyena, Impala, Kudu, Jackal, Porcupine, Genet and Caracal, to name but a few.
- ‐ Bar
- ‐ Birdwatching
- ‐ Boating Seasonal
- ‐ Boma
- ‐ Bush Walks/Safaris
- ‐ Curio Shop
- ‐ Eco Friendly
- ‐ Game Drives
- ‐ Stargazing
- ‐ Swimming Pool